- 500g shin beef, diced
- 1 onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 cup of red wine (or water if preferred)
- Plain flour for thickening (mixed to a thick paste with water)
Put all ingredients (except wine/water) into camp oven and stir.
Add enough water or wine to make the amount of gravy you’re after. I like lots so I can sop it up with bread or damper.
Place the oven onto the Heat Beads® briquettes and cook for at least one and a half hours.
Before serving, mix the flour paste and add slowly to the stew until you reach desired consistency then cook for a further 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!